Government guidance and rules for use of public buildings change with effect from Monday 17 May.
The hall can then be used for a wider range of events, including:
- Indoor sporting activities and exercise classes
- Film shows, plays, concerts – 50% capacity
- Social clubs, group events
- Organised indoor gatherings
- Coffee mornings or similar
- Supervised activities for children, parent & child groups up to 15 plus the under five’s
- Wakes & weddings and other significant life events for up to 30 people
We expect the rules to change again with effect from 21 June (“Step 4”), with an announcement a week before that. There is a separate announcement expected around 24 May about detailed rules for weddings and wedding receptions.
If you are planning an event, seek advice from our bookings team by e-mail at email@example.com or on 01395 262640.